Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Redly

Redly is a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.

Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join and create groups, write a blog, find upcoming events, and meet new friends.

Registration is free and just takes a few seconds.

Open Club  ·  48 members

Movies
httplyka

Suggest mind-blowing TV series.

httplyka

I just got through with college's infamous "hell week". Kindly suggest any TV Series that can help me forget my exam results. I'm willing to try watching different genres as long as the plot is good. 

lisadolor

I suggest that you watch Riverdale and Stranger Things. I think a lot of people already watched it and I am enjoying it too. I haven't finished Riverdale yet but so far so good!

• Like 1

kaisantos
9 hours ago, lisadolor said:

I suggest that you watch Riverdale and Stranger Things. I think a lot of people already watched it and I am enjoying it too. I haven't finished Riverdale yet but so far so good!

Yup I have to agree with this one specially with the Strangers Things series, very exciting and very intriguing at the same time. But I have to assume that you've already seen it, so I will suggest another TV series that you might like and these are The Young Pope, Emerald City and American Gods. I suggest you should try watching first The Young Pope.

• Like 1

anahbello1206

Right now, I love watching Kdrama series. But aside from that I also love supernaturals. A series about the different entities that are known to exist such as angels, demons, werewolves, vampires and many more. I was crazy over that series when I was still in my college days then  someone suggested that I should try watching walking dead and then when I did I cannot even have enough of it. haha

ivukadinovic
15 hours ago, httplyka said:

I just got through with college's infamous "hell week". Kindly suggest any TV Series that can help me forget my exam results. I'm willing to try watching different genres as long as the plot is good. 

Hey, really happy you asked about TV Series! I'm a big fan. So, If you're into girly series you should try Younger or Desperate Housewives. Do not be bothered by their names, I mean, they sure are cheesy but they are fun to watch with your brain off. Younger is a very hip show and the Housewives are a true mystery throughout all the seasons. If you wanna watch something that's not so casual, you should definitely try the True Detective (season one!) :D 

True_Detective_Season_1_poster.jpg

A really good series that you can find at Netflix is “The Killing”... has just 4 seasons and 13 episodes each... is one of those series that keep you hook until the end... originally it supposed to be just 3 seasons but Netflix make the 4th one... so thankful for that lol 😆

Simon

If you want to watch some good sci-fi there is The Expanse and Altered Carbon - both are really great TV-series.

And if you want to watch something funny, check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty, Trailer Park Boys, Bojack Horseman, and Arrested Development.

Check out Peaky Blinders if you want to watch a good historical drama.

Most if not all of these are available on Netflix. :)

janleo

Well if you're into subtitles and you're looking for a fun packed show, try watching Running Man. Its a Korean variety show that does everything it does to keep everyone laughing. They go from modified sports, to comedy. to make believe settings, lots and lots of betrayals and so many more. Its a show for the whole family. Give it a try and I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCx5FcP5cPgqHT71vEtA-

chameli

I have not watched many TV series and the only TV series that I followed every episode are Rome, Spartacus, and Games of Thrones. There is no news of new seasons of Rome and Spartacus, however, it is heard that Games of Thrones will return to the TV in 2019. If you have not watched Rome, Spartacus, and Games of Thrones you should definitely watch.

AmieBotella

If you haven't seen The Good Doctor then I suggest you try this one. Freddy Highmore is so good with this one. It still is on its first season and it's quite a good show. Since House MD, this is, for me, the best medical drama right now. 

This is based on the South Korean Drama with the same title. It's about a young savant autistic doctor that has just started working in a hospital. 

If you want some sci-fi binge watching, you may want to try to see Fringe. As much as I want to suggest X-Files, if you're not that into neverending twists and questions, you may find X-Files frustrating and ending up remembering that "hell" week altogether. :) So for a taste of that, you may just check Fringe though.

valvulaeconniventes

Breaking Bad (5 seasons) - watch the 1st episode, if you like it, continue watching the series. If not, then I suggest you skip it. This is my most favorite series all time. If you like the series, also watch its prequel, Better Call Saul (3 seasons so far).

Broadchurch (3 seasons) - crime/drama. I suggest finishing at least the 1st season.

Marvel series: Daredevil (2 seasons), Jessica Jones (1 season), Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Then their team-up The Defenders. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are really good, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are pretty meh, you can skip these 2 and still enjoy The Defenders. DD and JJ I believe are R-rated? So it can get pretty gruesome. Also Agents of SHIELD but I haven't watched it (too many episodes for me)

Sci-fi: Westworld (only 1 season so far, but highly recommend it - mindblowing), Heroes (only season 1 is recommended), Doctor Who (you can start with the rebooted series' season 1, but starting at season 5 is also fine), Travelers (2 seasons currently, show is still going), Black Mirror (different story per episode, so you can enjoy 1 episode at a time).

Others: Sherlock, Fargo, Game of Thrones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

aecel

I have tons of favorite TV series. Try to watch Strangers Things and Game of Thrones if you like sci-fi-drama. Then if you like horror zombies it would be The Walking Dead. If you like drama-crime I'd suggest How to Get Away with Murder, 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale. Suits is also good if you want to be educated about the law. Comedy would be Silicon Valley but my most favorite comedy TV series is FRIENDS so if you haven't watched it's very highly recommended I can't remember how many times I've watched it. The Crown is also good it's about the life of Queen Elizabeth. 

Enjoy watching. :)

series.jpg

kgord

If you haven't seen it, I would suggest Breaking Bad. This was a series that was really binge worthy. I loved it. Orange is the New Black that is one not on your list. It can be binge worthy too. It is a great series, but sometimes veers into silliness.

realslug

I've been binge watching so many Netflix shows, I barely even know where to begin!

Shows that I've recently watched within one day of starting them include: Mindhunter, The Sinner, Dynasty, and The End of the Fxxxing World.

These are all great shows, especially Mindhunter. If you're into crime, I would highly recommend this show. I love the fact that it's based on the true story of how criminal psychology was developed into a recognized industry, and how the characters were based on real serial killers. I could go on forever, but I wouldn't want to ruin the plot for you. It's a show that's really stuck with me!

The Sinner has received mixed reviews, but I personally loved it. There's a lot of symbolism in the show that you've gotta watch out for. Although there are underlying religious themes which I would usually dislike, it actually worked very well with this story. Jessica Biel is both a great director and a great actor!

Dynasty reminds me of Gossip Girl with the amount of drama and wealth portrayed on the screen. I love Elizabeth Giles, I think she's absolutely gorgeous and a fantastic actor. It's a great TV show if you're into drama and cattiness.

The End of the Fxxxing World is a coming-of-age type of TV show. I don't think they're making a second season, and if they are, I don't think they should. The ending was perfect as is. It reminds me of John Green, but unlike many other John Green movies, the execution was a lot better.

Let me know if you've seen these shows and what you think of them if you have!

NickJ

Right now I am watching How To Get Away With Murder, Gotham, Empire, The Walking Dead, iZombie, and Channel Zero: Butcher's Block. I also enjoy Wynonna Earp and KillJoys. Dark Matter was a favorite of mine also but it was cancelled last Summer.

Kakashi2020

If youre not watching GOT series yet, now's a good time to watch all the previous seasons and episodes.  It's a good series to bingewatch and I just finished watching the last seven seasons  for the second time.  What's good and addictive with this series is, it's unpredictable plot and the evolution of its main characters will keep you guessing and wanting to watch more episodes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.