Welcome to Redly, a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.
Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join groups, create events, and find new friends. Registration just takes a few seconds.

Yes, I want to join Redly!
Martinsx

Morning Run vs Evening Run

Martinsx   
Martinsx

Some people are more comfortable running at a particular time in the day. Personally, I'm more comfortable running in the early morning than the evening time. The reason for this is that in the morning, the runs helps to put my body in a good shape and active to face my days task. In the evening period after I'm back from work, I'm already exhausted and can't even do anything again, so going on running exercises would be practically impossible for. 

Which one do you prefer - Morning or Evening Running? 

images (13).jpeg

Vinsanity   
Vinsanity

I would go for a morning run. Not just because I am used to it but it is the best time for you to exercise and to start your day. Running in the morning can help to enhance our metabolism allowing us to get fit easily. 

Early in the morning according to the link below, crucial hormones like testosterone are elevated in the body. This is the best way to run and work out for the hormones to naturally circulate throughout our system. It will be of great advantage of course because the naturally circulating testosterone can help us to have a faster development of muscles.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/8-benefits-to-working-out-in-the-morning.html

valvulaeconniventes   
valvulaeconniventes

I prefer running in the mornings because it gives me a nice boost of energy to perform tasks during the day, and there are also less people and cars during mornings, making it more relaxing without being conscious of other people.

Kakashi2020   
Kakashi2020

I usually run for 1 hour every Saturday and Sundays and I do it in the afternoon around 5pm.  It's windy in the afternoon here and the sun sets at about 5:45pm it's totally dark at 6pm.  I love to jog with a good view of the setting sun and the cool breeze hitting my face.

lisadolor   
lisadolor

I prefer to run or jog during the afternoon because I have so many things to do in the morning. I think it is the right way to end the day. It just feels right and feel light in the feeling. It is so good in the feeling to perspire and watch the sunset after a long tiring day.

anahbello1206   
anahbello1206

I am really not a morning person that is why  I prefer going out for a run during evening. Taking my evening run helps me to sleep easier because of the exhaustion. That prevents me from flipping over my bed for hours trying to fall asleep.

coolprogramer36   
coolprogramer36

I usually run at the early in the morning. I found out that running or jogging every day and early in the morning can makes me tall. And when I do running in the morning, I can do all the task without hassle because my brain is functioning already.

JB Fernandez   
JB Fernandez

I am always having a hard time sleeping early at night. But when I started running during nights, I can easily sleep early compared before. So I prefer running during nights cause it makes me get tired and longing for my bed.

daggy24   
daggy24

Well I try to wake up early and run before starting the day, but more often than not I end up running later in the day. I mostly work out in the gym though and only really run a few times per week on my off days from lifting.

kaisantos   
kaisantos

I prefer running from afternoon to evening because in my perspective, if you run in the morning you will easily get tired in the whole day during your work. So that would be bad for you because you might force yourself too much and you will probably get lazy while you are working.

Simon   
Simon

I really would like to be able to exercise early in the morning, but my body refuses to wake up properly until afternoon/evening.

Martinsx   
Martinsx
21 hours ago, Simon said:

I really would like to be able to exercise early in the morning, but my body refuses to wake up properly until afternoon/evening.

Haha, I couldn't help myself not laughing out loud reading this your comment @Simon, maybe you always go to bed very late at night which is why you find it difficult waking up on time and being in good shape. This happens to me anytime I go to bed from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am, once it's morning I always get headaches not to talk more of running. So therefore, I opt to hit my bed early before 10:00 pm in order to wake up very early to go for my morning run. 

JB Fernandez   
JB Fernandez
23 hours ago, Simon said:

In short, you do nothing the whole day? Hahaha. Try to find some motivation brother. It is good for our body to be involved in some activities for quite some time. 

jaymish   
jaymish

I prefer a morning run. You should learn to control your body and not let your body control you. This is a clear lack of motivation, which is okay. Sometimes in life we just don't feel like doing things. Maybe working out is not for you.Try taking walks or team sports . Not everyone is made for the Gym or going for a run. The problem with running in the evening, you give your body too much excitement and energy and you may find it hard to sleep. However everyone is different. This may not apply to you.

ion   
ion

It's up to my Schedules.  Sometimes I'm working at night sometimes, just a normal working hours.  But I prefer a morning run,  Much more easier to get sweat, and much more safer to run in the morning. 

Simon   
Simon

Well, I am a night-owl and always has been. ;) I've tried to keep a routine and exercise early in the mornings, especially during the summers when it's not dark 24/7 outside. But it never works and it has never felt right for me, if you know what I mean. I guess my body just performs better later in the day.

chameli   
chameli

I cannot go for jogging or run in the morning. I have to go to work in the morning. I drive a motorbike to the college where I teach language and pedagogy. My class starts at 7 and I need to get ready by 6. Therefore, my preferred time for running or jogging is in the late afternoon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.