Welcome to Redly, a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.
Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join groups, create events, and find new friends. Registration just takes a few seconds.

Yes, I want to join Redly!
Martinsx

Summer or Winter?

Martinsx   
Martinsx

Different seasons of the year can really be a turn on and turn off for most people, the difference in people's body system and genetic make up makes them react to seasons of year differently. 

Some people are well much comfortable in summer periods while others are likely more comfy in winter season and vice versa. 

Which season between summer and winter do you prefer?

images (38).jpg

ivukadinovic   
ivukadinovic

It would be summer for me. I just hate being cold. Also, winter is that part of the year where everything I want to do is to swirl in a blanket and just watch TV. Also, it is the part of the year where I gain so much weight and end up looking like a Teddy bear. :D I prefer summer cause of all the opportunities you have so you can be more active, travel more, do sports...

valvulaeconniventes   
valvulaeconniventes

We don't really experience winter here (no snow), and the summer gets really hot in our tropical country, so I prefer our "winter" months, where the days are not hot, the nights are cold but not reaaally cold, and there is also less rain. I love walking during these nights, usually on December and January.

Edited by valvulaeconniventes

Kakashi2020   
Kakashi2020

I love the Summer months because schools off, everyones on vacation, less traffic, time to visit great beaches and resorts and lots of summer fruit selections. The problem is most of the time it's too hot.

For me winter months are better but busier and the traffic here is really awful.  But overall the cold weather has a soothing and relaxing effect to me.

Edited by Kakashi2020

MarZe   
MarZe

I’m fine with the cold if is a sunny day... I like summer but I prefer spring when is not that hot... I just need the light of the sun... cloudy days are the worst for me... is really difficult to keep going in days like that.... as long the sun is shining but not warming enough is fine for me  ☺️

jbca   
jbca

I love winter. Winter feels so refreshing, while summer makes me feel gross. I love rainy days and stormy weather. I love the sound of rain and the smell of the grass after raining. In winter you can at least add layers of clothing to make you feel warmer, but there’s only so much clothing you can take off when it’s hot. Many people argue that the cold makes them feel depressed, but that’s the time when I feel at my happiest. In the winter, there's no concern on mosquito bites and it's so beautiful. When everything is covered in that fresh blanket of snow, this will sound cheesy, but it makes everything look magical.

Ash   
Ash

This was an easy decision for me really. I like Summer especially the weather but for me, it has to be Winter. Winter means that Christmas is near which just makes it amazing. We rarely tend to get snow in London nowadays to be fair but when we do, it just makes winter even more special and better. Like someone said above, a lot of people don't tend to like Winter because of the fact that the cold is just miserable but I have to say, I like it. You don't have to sweat and you don't have to care about clothes either since you have to wear a jacket :D

chameli   
chameli

I like winter when it is summer and I like summer when it is winter. LOL

Back to the topic. I like winter more than summer because the place where I live summer can be terrible. People die because of a heat wave. Winter is mild here, therefore, winter climate is nice in my place.

NickJ   
NickJ

I prefer Summer over Winter when stacked up against each other. But, I have learned to 'own' Winter in terms of things to do, enjoyment, etc. I have learned to have just as much affinity for hot chocolate and pizza night on an icy Friday evening, as I have for walks in Central Park and visiting the beach in July.

Martinsx   
Martinsx
22 hours ago, ivukadinovic said:

It would be summer for me. I just hate being cold. Also, winter is that part of the year where everything I want to do is to swirl in a blanket and just watch TV. Also, it is the part of the year where I gain so much weight and end up looking like a Teddy bear. :D I prefer summer cause of all the opportunities you have so you can be more active, travel more, do sports...

No matter how one looks at it, summer season would be always be better for me compared to winter break. The excessive cold weather and annoying constant snowing makes life and living unbearable for me. I can't literally do anything well when I'm feeling cold, the only thing would be poking my mind is to go and cover up in bed and sleep till the snow stop. I'm seriously allergic to cold. 

• Haha 1

Simon   
Simon

I love all four seasons and I wouldn't really want to be without any of them. It's just too bad that climate change is messing up the seasons here in Scandinavia, we don't get any real snowy winters anymore, it's basically just a colder and rainier version of fall. It's sad really, I remember years back when the archipelago used to freeze to ice so that everyone could go out and walk and skate on the ice, that's no longer possible. :( 

But right now I really want some warm and sunny spring weather.

Henrywrites   
Henrywrites

When it comes to the seasons of the world, it is something that comes with the positives and the negatives. Summer might be that time when you might he enjoying some kind of weather conditions that might be good for you but bad for the other person. Same as winter when some will feel comfortable more than the other. So, it is really good we enjoy the different types of the season and don't bother about which one is best for both comes with good times as well as the bad times that come along with it. For me, I would have to go with the summer weather conditions, but I know that there are times we wish to enjoy that which the winter period brings as well. 

ivukadinovic   
ivukadinovic
10 hours ago, Martinsx said:

No matter how one looks at it, summer season would be always be better for me compared to winter break. The excessive cold weather and annoying constant snowing makes life and living unbearable for me. I can't literally do anything well when I'm feeling cold, the only thing would be poking my mind is to go and cover up in bed and sleep till the snow stop. I'm seriously allergic to cold. 

For me, the ugliest moment isn't while It's snowing. I really hate it when all that snow starts to melt and all the car gasses and other filth starts mixing with that watery, squishy snow. OMG, simply hate it. 

Flake   
Flake

I will definitely go with the winter for a few simple reasons.

First of all, I hate the heat. We can easily get temperatures up to 40°C and it is exhausting. Being cold is easier since you can just put on some extra clothes.

Second reason is that I love the winter activites. I do a lot of skiing during winter with my friends.

And the best of all, my birthday is during winter, haha.

Zeke   
Zeke

I would go with winter. I am living in a tropical country and we do not experience winter here. Its just a sunny or rainy day here, its actually fine as we can go to beaches most of the time. However I do not really like the feeling of sweating whenever I go out. Hot weather is my weakness. I can’t even sleep without airconditioning even during ber months where the weather is cold already. I like snow! I like to see villages covered in thick white blanket of snow. It feels so magical for me. Though I tend to just eat and sleep most of the time on a winter I guess.

Martinsx   
Martinsx
On 2/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, valvulaeconniventes said:

We don't really experience winter here (no snow), and the summer gets really hot in our tropical country, so I prefer our "winter" months, where the days are not hot, the nights are cold but not reaaally cold, and there is also less rain. I love walking during these nights, usually on December and January.

If there isn't snow in winter, I could easily cope with the cold and a little bit of rain. It's somehow better than the scorching sun, because the human body does not respond to too much heat well. Personally, I tend to get pimple reactions when I'm beaten much by the sun. So I would prefer winter in such situation if it's not snowing. 

aecel   
aecel

Since I live in a tropical country I would go for summer. Summer is the best time of the season here because that's the end of the school year and spend their long holidays due to Holy Week. It's also the best time to go on vacation to the beaches. Though I love also to experience winter because I love to see a snow and play with it. 

Chelseangaw   
Chelseangaw

I live in the Philippines so I would choose summer but I wanted to experience winter. I have a lot of friends and family who lives in a country that has 4 seasons or at least winter and they are telling me that I would die to go back in the Philippines because of the weather here rather than experiencing winter. I just wanted to experience at least once.

kgord   
kgord

I would choose winter over summre here where I live. I hate the heat and humidity of summer. There are so many bugs as well. I honestly can't stand the summer in this location. The only good thing about it is swimming. Of the two, I like winter better, although fall is really my favorite season.

_Miss Tery   
_Miss Tery

I live in a tropical country and we do not have winter here. So just for this, I will choose winter for me to be able to experience having snow in my hand and the cold weather perfect to take a sip of hot chocolate and cuddle with my loved one. I also love to see white surrounding covered with soft snow just like those I'm seeing with kdramas. Furthermore, I also want to experience talking and there's some smoke coming out sign of a very cold weather I'm experiencing.  

Tatiana Stan   
Tatiana Stan

I would definitely go with summer. I can't stand the cold weather and winter kind of affects my mood, I am feeling blue when it's cold outside. However I love the winter Holidays, so it's pretty much the only time when I enjoy winter. Summer is my soul season. I love trips on the seaside, or backpacking, I love to lay down and watch the stars on a chill summer night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.