Welcome to Redly, a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.
Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join groups, create events, and find new friends. Registration just takes a few seconds.

Yes, I want to join Redly!
aecel

The good effects when a volcano erupts.

aecel   
aecel

Mount Mayon Volcano is the most active volcano here in the Philippines. It's famous for having a perfect cone. Last month the volcano has erupted again. It has been spewing lava but thanks, God that the people around the area were prepared enough to evacuate immediately so there's no casualty as of this moment.

I’ve watched earlier the news the reporter said that there’s a good effect when a volcano erupts because it helps to heal the land to be greener. When a volcano erupts the minerals that have been spewed from the volcano could actually heal the land. Volcano heals itself by erupting. It's my first time hearing about these facts we often get worried when a volcano erupts but the truth is it has a good effect on our environment. 

mountmayon.jpg

Simon   
Simon

Yeah, it's just how smaller and more natural wildfires can be beneficial to the environment and the local ecosystem. It's just too bad that climate change is making wildfires more common and more severe, which coupled with our bad management of forests, will do more harm than good to the climate and environment.

lisadolor   
lisadolor

I am from Albay and I can personally see the effects of the Mt. Mayon eruption. Yes it is true that Maypn heals itself maintaining its perfectly cone shaped slope. I agree that it has a good effect on the environment as it fertiles the land in the long run. But it also have bad effects on the people near the area.

daggy24   
daggy24

It's definitely a good thing there's a plan in place for people to evacuate. I can't imagine living that close to an active volcano though, even if the risk is relatively low! I would hate to have to evacuate and possibly lose my belongings if the worst case scenario happens. I can only imagine that would have a pretty negative impact on the local economy when people have to evacuate, and it could be devastating if property is actually damaged!

Simon   
Simon

And you don't have to live nearby to be affected! Just remember the 2010 volcano eruption of Eyjafjallajökull which forced 20 or so countries in Europe to close their airspace for several days due to a large ash cloud that covered large parts of northern Europe.

fishbate   
fishbate

Mother nature always shows how cruel she can be, reminding us that she is still in control. But no matter how cruel and devastating she is. She always makes sure that there is hope, that in the end of it all.... Great things happen, and new things flourish. 

image.png.08d199b3b5f6cfeafc083436e7f83340.png

Zeke   
Zeke

I agree. Volcano eruption has good effects on the environment. It is spewing out good nutrients which would be beneficial to the farmers living in the area. 

Remember the Mount Pinatubo eruption? There are a lot of casualties and has damaged most of the villages, but look at it now. Its breath taking. Photo credit to the owner. Photo taken from RJtours.PH

3A512868-47E3-4D20-8A2D-6025822919BB.jpeg

aecel   
aecel
On 2/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, Zeke said:

I agree. Volcano eruption has good effects on the environment. It is spewing out good nutrients which would be beneficial to the farmers living in the area. 

Remember the Mount Pinatubo eruption? There are a lot of casualties and has damaged most of the villages, but look at it now. Its breath taking. Photo credit to the owner. Photo taken from RJtours.PH

3A512868-47E3-4D20-8A2D-6025822919BB.jpeg

Wow, what a beautiful disaster. By the way, it's a tagline from a movie that had been shot in Pampanga I think in Pinatubo also. It's really great that it's actually healed after erupting way back. It's just so amazing that nature can really heal itself without the help of people. That's why God created Volcanos because it has a good purpose. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.