Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Redly

Redly is a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.

Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join and create groups, write a blog, find upcoming events, and meet new friends.

Registration is free and just takes a few seconds.

Open Club  ·  48 members

Movies
Simon

Pacific Rim Uprising

Simon

Is anyone else here waiting to see Pacific Rim Uprising? I really enjoyed the first one, but this sequel gives me mixed feelings, it sort of feels like a teen movie this time around. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Check out the trailers and see for yourself:

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

The movie comes out March 23rd.

valvulaeconniventes

Personally I felt the first Pacific Rim was enjoyable but was not really a top movie for me, but watching the trailers I think they dropped the ball on this sequel. As you said, there's too many teenagers, this isn't a hunger games or divergence type of movie. CGI on the day sequences are pretty bad imo as well. They missed the point that Kaijus and Jaegars made the first movie. I'll pass and wait for the reviews first before going, might just save and wait for the various Marvel movies coming this year haha.

• Like 1

kaisantos

I've been waiting to watch this sequel since last year but never really expected that they would make a prequel of this movie. Because in the first movie as far as I remember it, they have have already closed the portal of the other dimension, well I could only assume that maybe the portal opened again. I hope it would be much better than the first, one and why did they change the name of Gipsy Danger to Gipsy Avenger? It almost sounds like they were a part of avenger.

ballyhara

Oh I do. I really enjoyed the fist one, and this one looks even better. I don't think this will be a prequel, because they talk about Kaiju monsters evolving, so that will make even harder to kill those things. I think the Gypsy dancer will have to evolve too, and become a Gypsy avenger, so that way it can face and destroy the monsters. I'm super excited about this upcoming movie, I just hope it really has what it seems to be.

KennyG1527

I'll be seeing it for sure, but I still haven't seen the 1st movie. Do you think it will be necessary to see the original Pacific Rim before I see Uprising? I'm sure I can find it on one of the streaming apps, or even rent it on Vudu. I have MoviePass so I see pretty much every movie that comes out, but usually when its a sequel, I like to be caught up on the previous films in the series.

Simon
On 2018-02-06 at 4:16 AM, KennyG1527 said:

Do you think it will be necessary to see the original Pacific Rim before I see Uprising?

Yes, that is mandatory! ;)

Simon

New trailer with lots of destruction and giant robots fighting giant monsters! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.