Welcome to Redly, a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.
Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join groups, create events, and find new friends. Registration just takes a few seconds.

Yes, I want to join Redly!

Open Club  ·  44 members

Simon

What was the last movie you saw?

Simon   
Simon

What was the last movie you saw? And would you recommend it?

The other day I saw the sci-fi classic The Fifth Element from 1997 with Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. I've seen the movie a few times before and it's one of those classics that never gets old. I can really recommend it if you haven't seen it already. It's probably available on Netflix if you want to see it.

• Like 1

ivukadinovic   
ivukadinovic

I have longed to watch Jacob's Ladder for so long. I have seen it yesterday and was blown out of my chair and mind! You just can not guess what the movie is about until the end. The director gives lots of fake clues, stuff to puzzle you and in the end, you stay with your jaw on the floor. 
To make it short, the movie is about the dying process, about what happens in your brain when you stay out of conscience, just before you die. The whole movie is a kind of a  confirmation of a phrase "Whole your life flashes before your eyes." 
I really enjoyed the movie and would truly recommend it to folks who are thriller fans.  

ajtapit   
ajtapit

The last movie I watched was Flatliners. It's a 2017  psychological horror film about five medical students who try to toy with death. The overall idea of the film is actually very unique, but the whole movie itself is not very satisfying. It is an okay movie for me, I just think that it could have been more better. If I'm going to rate it from 1 to 10, it's going to be 6.5. It's kind of low but I just really think that there's something missing  about the film.

Edited by ajtapit

Steve5   
Steve5

The last movie I watched was "Happy Death Day."

It was a fun movie. I didn't know they would make a time loop story for the Horror genre. I'd have to say that this was fairly entertaining. It wasn't the best movie ever. But it was certainly above average compared to the most recent slasher flicks.

The best thing about the movie was how it grounded the protagonist's story through her sad life experiences. I wish we could have known more about her relationship with her mom. There's an ongoing theory that she had something to do with her daughter's survival through time loops.

kaisantos   
kaisantos

The last movie I watch was the Maze Runner: The Death Cure

I could to tell you the whole story of the film but prefer not to because maybe there are some you here has not seen it yet, then it will only spoil you. So I will only share this trailer so that you guys can have an idea of what the movie is all about.

httplyka   
httplyka

I watched WINCHESTER last friday night. The movie is not scary but (yes there's a but) the scenes is very shocking. Ghosts always appear unexpectedly and it almost gave me a heart attack! 

jusumortal   
jusumortal

greetings.gif.56f2ff0bce83e64683613d3826175d89.gif

I actually just finished watching rewatching Heathers. I've been rewatching old movies this week. Heathers is one of those 'old but gold' movies. I just can't stop rewatching it. I've already memorized the plot and the famous quotes in that movie. It's really good, I swear.

ion   
ion

Just right now, A beautiful mind, by Russel Crowe.  I thought It was a boring movie, but actually not.  and just amazed that, that movie was based on Dr. Nash life. I like the story, and how Russel crowe plays that character. 

coolprogramer36   
coolprogramer36

The movie I just watch is "Jack the Giant Slayer" It's an adventure movie and love story . I like movies that are adventurous . I love the story how Jack find his true love and how He rescues her from the enemies.

kgord   
kgord

The last movie I saw was Manchester by the Sea. I watched it on Amazon as part of their Prime selection. I thought it was a rally good movie and one that was right up my alley. It seemed gritty and realistic which is why I liked it. This is a movie that maybe not everyone would enjoy but I fouind it to be something quite interesting.

kgord   
kgord

I also saw A Beautiful Mind. I liked that movie very much. The great thing about it, is that it is a true story. It is amazing what Dr. Nash was able to accomplish despite his mental disability. He reminds me of Stephen Hawking and the amazing things he has been able to accomplish despite his disability.

Alfonso   
Alfonso

Mine was a 2017 documentary called A Grey State, which is a documentary about a movie called Grey State. I hope that isn't confusing! Anyway, I don't want to spoil the it for anyone who might wanna check it out but it has a sad ending, so don't watch it if you're a softy. I saw it on Netflix but it might be available on other sites. 

Edited by Alfonso

BerenBoden   
BerenBoden

The last movie I saw was Holes last week I think it was. I think that movie has to be one of my favorites. the plot is great and the acting is amazing as well. My favorite part has to be when Stanley took the warden's ute and drove off with it and crashed into a ditch to go and find Zero. Overall I really do love that movie and think it's a classic. 

Zeke   
Zeke

I love watching horror movies a lot. Last Saturday I watched Insidious 4 late at night just to add some thrill. The story is really good, this is where you would know the childhood story of the main character which is Elisse. Though I must say it is not as scary as Insidious 1 and 2. I also like the feeling of having like small pieces of puzzle from while watching the movie and be able to complete it as you finish the whole story. Over all the story is good and would absolutely look forward to watching Insidious 5.

KennyG1527   
KennyG1527

I saw Insidious: The Last Key on Saturday. I normally don't watch horror movies, most of them to me are boring and not usually scary but my niece and nephew love horror films so we went to see it. There were a few jump scares but overall I would say it was just ok. 

I have never seen any of the other Insidious films but maybe I'll check out another one just to see how it is since I've seen this one, which from what I understand is a prequel of the other films in the series.

ballyhara   
ballyhara

I just saw the new version of Jumanji. Honestly, I already know the basic plot, the game, try to survive, try to finish the game. But I didn't expect it to be so funny. Those characters played by Jack Black and Kevin Hart, are literally hilarious. Besides that, you will watch awesome visual effects, gorgeous locations (Hawaii), and some modern twist from the old version. To put a cherry on top, they continue what Robbie Williams left, and they even remember his character. Really good movie to watch with the family.

JB Fernandez   
JB Fernandez

Well, I missed my Dad this past few days that is why I am repeatedly watching our favorite movies that we usually watch together. Here's the list:

The Last Samurai, The Patriot, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, The Perfect Storm, Top Gun, Over The Top, Rocky 1 - 5.

Those movies are really good to watch. You might consider watching one of them over the weekend. Enjoy Brother!

lisadolor   
lisadolor

The last movie that I saw was Geostorm. I watched it in the cinema with my special someone. I enjoyed the movie a lot. Every scene was heart pounding especially during the geostorm is going to happen. It was amazing that man can control weather but at the same time it was really nervecracking. I like the concept of the movie and how the story runs.

TheInsaneSakif   
TheInsaneSakif

The last movie that I watched was a horror movie called "The Void". I watched that movie during the day, as I can easily get scared if I watched it at night! Actually, most of the horror movies that I watch are during the day. As you might have noticed by now, I may not be that brave type of a person, but I still love horror films. And when I watched "The Void",  my experience with horror was taken to a whole new level! I recommend this movie to anyone who is fond of watching horror movies. I dare you to try!

MarZe   
MarZe

I just notice that the last movie I saw was Stars Wars VIII... I was never to fan of this saga but when the VII came out i saw the others ones in order of apparition so I can undertake the history... i really enjoy the last one 😊

chameli   
chameli

The last movie I watched was Padmavat, a Bollywood movie from Sanjay Leela Bansali. The movie features popular Indian actors like Ranaver Singh and Deepika Padukon. The movie is based on poem about a Muslim invader. I was interested in this movie because it sparked a lot of controversy related to the content. Indian Muslims and Rajput clans claimed that movie distorts the history and it is a slander to their community. The movie is visually stunning but is very long.

apo18   
apo18

We have two movies we just watched yesterday. The first one is "Great Wall". Matt Damon as the actor of that movie. And the other one is "Prince of Persia". Jake Gyllenhaal as the actor of that movie. The two movies are great. No wonder a lot of my friends recommends them. The "Great Wall" had me thinking if only people would not go to war just to kill each other, instead go to war and kill aliens (if there's any, lol). It would be nicer to write it for human history. The other movie was wonderful. How I wish to have that dagger, lol. I would go back in time and change something. On the other hand, it really made me thinking of the idea that one can go back in time. I had watched the disturbing testimony of people who were able to go back in time or go to the future. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIp5xKRsSck

valvulaeconniventes   
valvulaeconniventes

The last movie I saw was Captain America: Civil War. I've been binge-watching the Marvel movies (for the 2nd time) in preparation for all the Marvel movies that will come out this year, starting with Black Panther (which I haven't watched yet). 

Henrywrites   
Henrywrites

From the onset, I have never been a real fan of watching movies and it's no thanks to the busy nature of the work that I do. However, all these changed when I was told by a friend to check out the movie made in America titled Power. It was a story line of a popular night club owner known as Jamie and how he deals on hard drugs there as well. It was really an interesting movie and one that teaches us on the need to mind who we trust. 

ion   
ion

The fighter, an old movie by Christian bale and Mark wahlberg.  The film centers on the lives of professional boxer Micky Ward and his older half-brother Dicky Eklund.  Micky Ward is an American welterweight boxer from Lowell, Massachusetts managed by his mother, Alice Ward, and trained by his older half-brother, Dicky Eklund.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.