Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Redly

Redly is a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.

Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join and create groups, write a blog, find upcoming events, and meet new friends.

Registration is free and just takes a few seconds.

Open Club  ·  48 members

Movies
KennyG1527

Anyone else using MoviePass to see movies?

KennyG1527

I know I'm not the only one that has taken advantage of the MoviePass subscription. I've seen about 40 movies since I got my card back in September. All for only $9.95. Anyone else enjoying it as much as I am? 

I've seen so many movies that I normally wouldn't have because of this service, its definitely opened my eyes to some new movie genres. Because I only pay a little under 10 bucks a month, I'll see stuff I usually don't, like horror movies. 

If you don't have it, and you love going to the movies, you should definitely sign up, it is so worth it! Here's a link if you're interested in checking it out: MoviePass

FYI, I don't work for them or get anything from recommending it, I just thought it would be a good suggestion in a movie club.

moviepass.png

57 minutes ago, KennyG1527 said:

I know I'm not the only one that has taken advantage of the MoviePass subscription. I've seen about 40 movies since I got my card back in September. All for only $9.95. Anyone else enjoying it as much as I am? 

I've seen so many movies that I normally wouldn't have because of this service, its definitely opened my eyes to some new movie genres. Because I only pay a little under 10 bucks a month, I'll see stuff I usually don't, like horror movies. 

If you don't have it, and you love going to the movies, you should definitely sign up, it is so worth it! Here's a link if you're interested in checking it out: MoviePass

FYI, I don't work for them or get anything from recommending it, I just thought it would be a good suggestion in a movie club.

moviepass.png

looks like a interesting deal... so you pay 10 dollars a month and how many persons can go? do you have to pay a difference at the theater?

KennyG1527

It sounds too good to be true, but yes its just $9.95 a month. You sign up on the website or the app, they will charge you the $9.95 when you sign up, then you'll get a card in 1-2 weeks usually. It's basically a debit card. When you get the card, that's when your month starts. Its for 1 person, and you'll need to have a phone with the app on it. 

You go to the theater, check in to the movie and the correct time on the moviepass app (I usually do this part when I park and before I walk up to the lobby). They then load the money for the ticket onto your moviepass card. After that, you just go in and pay for the movie like you normally would, but you're using the moviepass card. I normally just use the self service kiosks myself, but I never have any issues when using the employees either. 

That's it! Then you go and watch your movie. You don't pay anything else above the $9.95 a month. Each person that is going needs to have the moviepass app and the moviepass debit card. You can't use it to buy snacks/drinks, and you can't use it to see IMAX or 3D movies, but pretty much anything else is good to go. 

It's crazy when you think about it, I have no idea how they will last only charging $9.95 a month but I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far and will as long as I can.

it is a good deal... definitely i will look into that... thank you for all the information...

p.d : about snacks/drinks I wasn´t expecting that you can used it since the prices at the theater are sooo way expensive... the last time that i ask for a bottle of water they were asking 3 dollars... is insane!!  stop at the dollar store is always a good idea lol :D

KennyG1527

Yep I aways make a stop before I go in to see something, I'm not paying $6 for a box of candy I can get for a buck. 

But you'd be surprised, people have tried to use the card for concessions lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.