Welcome to Redly, a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.
Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join groups, create events, and find new friends. Registration just takes a few seconds.

Yes, I want to join Redly!

Open Club  ·  19 members

MarZe

What are you currently reading?

MarZe   
MarZe

I always have a book with me... i´m currently reading two book...

one for work (i work with kids) : "The explosive Child" from Ross W. Greene and for pleasure "The choice" from Nicholas Sparks 

Zeke   
Zeke

I am not really a book worm. It sounds funny but I would say I am picky reader. I don’t really read books that much. I am into reading articles and blogs online mostly about current event or anything that would interest me.

MarZe   
MarZe
4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I am not really a book worm. It sounds funny but I would say I am picky reader. I don’t really read books that much. I am into reading articles and blogs online mostly about current event or anything that would interest me.

I´m the opposite... I like to read some blogs and articles  too but i prefer books because i found that is a cheaper way "to go" to a different places... I guess is my way to escape from reality :)

• Like 1

kgord   
kgord

I am currently reading Richochet Joe which is a Kindle in Motion book. It is something different and has color and graphics on the kindle itself. Thing of this book as kind of a pop up book for adults. I think this book is a lot of fun actually.

AmieBotella   
AmieBotella

I am currently on repeat reading on the book by Devon Frankin entitled Produced by Faith. It is really a good book if not the best one because it has opened up my mind on so many things in terms of my career choices and living the life I am hoping to. This has greatly opened up my mind on being a faithful individual while following your dreams. It's a good book for everyone to read. Especially the ones who are just making life choices now.

Have a look on it and you might like what's inside too. :) http://devonfranklin.com/produced-by-faith/

MarZe   
MarZe
On 6/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, kgord said:

I am currently reading Richochet Joe which is a Kindle in Motion book. It is something different and has color and graphics on the kindle itself. Thing of this book as kind of a pop up book for adults. I think this book is a lot of fun actually.

That sounds really interesting... never heard about a kindle in motion book 🤔

MarZe   
MarZe
13 hours ago, AmieBotella said:

I am currently on repeat reading on the book by Devon Frankin entitled Produced by Faith. It is really a good book if not the best one because it has opened up my mind on so many things in terms of my career choices and living the life I am hoping to. This has greatly opened up my mind on being a faithful individual while following your dreams. It's a good book for everyone to read. Especially the ones who are just making life choices now.

Have a look on it and you might like what's inside too. :) http://devonfranklin.com/produced-by-faith/

Thank you for sharing... I love those kind of books too 😊

• Like 1

chameli   
chameli

I like reading fictions. I also read nonfictions, however, I have not read too many nonfictions. My favorite fiction book is a novel titled One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. My best nonfiction is Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. These two books were rated as the best books of the 20th century by Time magazine.

MarZe   
MarZe
9 minutes ago, chameli said:

I like reading fictions. I also read nonfictions, however, I have not read too many nonfictions. My favorite fiction book is a novel titled One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. My best nonfiction is Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. These two books were rated as the best books of the 20th century by Time magazine.

Yes! Gabriel Garcia Marquez is really good... I’m Latina so I know him very well... the other one that you mention i read it years ago... i remember that after I read that one I start thinking🤔 : and what I have to complain about? My life is pretty good and I hope never had to be in a situation like they live... thanks for sharing! 😊

kgord   
kgord

I have heard of One Hundred Years of Solitude but I never read it. I think he might have written the Motorcycle Diaries as well. I saw the movie but I did not read the book. This was one movie that was really pretty interesting, I am sure the movie would be as well.

apo18   
apo18

Anyone here reading the Wheel of Time book series authored by Rober Jordan? I have read Book one to Book ten and now I have started reading book eleven, Knife of Dreams". It is a novel which I like very much. I have already spent lots of nights reading these books. A friend of mine shared some of the books she had about this Wheel of Time. When I started reading Book one, "The Eye of the World" I already enjoyed the story very much. I went on reading all through ten and now I am in Book eleven, The Knife of Dreams. Thanks to our technology for making it lighter and easier to carry or bring the book everywhere. An e-book is so much easier to have than carrying a hardbound book. Although it is nice to have the physical book itself on my hand and feel the pages while reading it. If anyone like to read The Harry Potter novel or Chronicles of Narnia, this Wheel of Time can match them, even the "Lord of the Ring". Well, have a try reading Book one of the Wheel of Time and see if you won't go to the next book, The Great Hunt.

images.jpg

MarZe   
MarZe
1 hour ago, kgord said:

I have heard of One Hundred Years of Solitude but I never read it. I think he might have written the Motorcycle Diaries as well. I saw the movie but I did not read the book. This was one movie that was really pretty interesting, I am sure the movie would be as well.

The motorcycle diaries book was written by Ernesto Che Guevara who was a Argentinian-Cuban revolutionary... never read that book and never watch the movie... Gabriel Garcia Marquez  was Colombian-Mexican and has a bunch a good books 😊

Kakashi2020   
Kakashi2020

I'm reading Sitchin's When Time Began,  it's part of the Earth Chronicles and is really an eye opener for ancient astronomy buffs.  

This book talks about the beginning of time measurement, and answers the question, Who invented time? and links it to the aliens that visited earth eons ago. It's one of Zechariah's best books. 

drpdm40   
drpdm40

I am currently reading a novel entitled A Bend in the Road written by Nicholas Sparks.This book was with me for the longest time and if I had not been sick and needed to stay in bed, I wouldn't be able to start reading this. I've watched "The Notebook", so this got me interested in his novels. So far so good, there are some chapters that got too slow but some are interesting enough to make me keep on reading. 

Martinsx   
Martinsx

Ever since my university days, I was told about reading the book 48 laws of power but I kept holding back on getting the book to read. But just the past month, I made up my mind and went to the nearest bookstore and purchased the book. Since I started reading the book, I haven't missed a day without reading one law of power that was discussed in the book. In fact, I'm already falling in love with reading the book which I took so long in getting to read. 

images (11).jpeg

coolprogramer36   
coolprogramer36

What I am reading right now is a book called "Conjugal Dictatorship". This book reports on the best laid plans that paved the way to the Philippines' dark history: the imposition of martial law in 1972 and the schemes that built and held its infrastructure. Drawing data from his work as Marcos's media adviser before his defection in 1975, Primitivo Mijares exposes the massive corruption and military abuses under the regime, which has left the nation in ruins. Forty years after its first publication, the book, in this revised and annotated edition, reminds Filipinos of their past that remains a present threat.

11027756.jpg

kgord   
kgord
22 hours ago, MarZe said:

The motorcycle diaries book was written by Ernesto Che Guevara who was a Argentinian-Cuban revolutionary... never read that book and never watch the movie... Gabriel Garcia Marquez  was Colombian-Mexican and has a bunch a good books 😊

I didn't know Che Guevera actually wrote the book. I know who he is. I remember the movie being about him now that you mention it. I thought I had read the book or part of it, but I may have just seen the movie.

TheArticulate   
TheArticulate

I'm currently reading "Brownies" by ZZ Packer for a literature class I'm taking. We're learning about various storytelling elements and this week's themes is "bullies", so we're reading works that focus on that theme. It's really interesting, actually and worth a read if you're interested.

I'm also working through American Born Chinese, which is a graphic novel which goes into a young man's immigration to America and how he struggles to fit in to American culture when he starts attending school here.

MarZe   
MarZe
5 hours ago, TheArticulate said:

I'm currently reading "Brownies" by ZZ Packer for a literature class I'm taking. We're learning about various storytelling elements and this week's themes is "bullies", so we're reading works that focus on that theme. It's really interesting, actually and worth a read if you're interested.

I'm also working through American Born Chinese, which is a graphic novel which goes into a young man's immigration to America and how he struggles to fit in to American culture when he starts attending school here.

The first one that you mention looks like a very interesting suggestion...  thanks for sharing 😊

MarZe   
MarZe
20 hours ago, drpdm40 said:

I am currently reading a novel entitled A Bend in the Road written by Nicholas Sparks.This book was with me for the longest time and if I had not been sick and needed to stay in bed, I wouldn't be able to start reading this. I've watched "The Notebook", so this got me interested in his novels. So far so good, there are some chapters that got too slow but some are interesting enough to make me keep on reading. 

It happen the same when I read “The longest Ride” and “The Beat of Me” ... too many chapters a little long but still with somethings that keeps you interested in the story... Mostly of his books are like that... still for some reason I like Nicholas Sparks 😊

apo18   
apo18
On 2/9/2018 at 5:00 AM, Kakashi2020 said:

I'm reading Sitchin's When Time Began,  it's part of the Earth Chronicles and is really an eye opener for ancient astronomy buffs.  

This book talks about the beginning of time measurement, and answers the question, Who invented time? and links it to the aliens that visited earth eons ago. It's one of Zechariah's best books. 

Wow! Awesome researcher, you have there. I have listened and watched some of his videos on Youtube. I was very curious about his findings. I was reading a lot about the book of Enoch and Zechariah Sitchin caught my attention. I suppose you've already watched the following: 

This is very informative. Somehow it connects with the book of Enoch. And all the more asking the question "why did they not include the book of Enoch in the canonized bible? And I have some few assumptions as to why.

Kakashi2020   
Kakashi2020
On 2/11/2018 at 11:34 PM, apo18 said:

Wow! Awesome researcher, you have there. I have listened and watched some of his videos on Youtube. I was very curious about his findings. I was reading a lot about the book of Enoch and Zechariah Sitchin caught my attention. I suppose you've already watched the following: 

This is very informative. Somehow it connects with the book of Enoch. And all the more asking the question "why did they not include the book of Enoch in the canonized bible? And I have some few assumptions as to why.

According to Sitchins Earth Chronicle Books and to his lectures which is available in YouTube, The Bible's Old Testament was widely edited and summarized.  It was a part of an ancient text carved in stone blocks discovered at I think it was in Nineveh the ancient city which was discovered and these blocks are being deciphered up until now. These engraved stone blocks which dates back to several millennia documents the creation of earth up until Adam and Eve and ends with the Great Flood.  I think the story is called 'Enuma Elish' and is widely discussed in Sitchins first book - The 12th Planet.  Which I consider as one of the most informative books I've ever read.

timothypangilinan   
timothypangilinan

I am currently reading one of Kate Wilhelm's psychological fictions. It's entitled The Deepest Water. This book is about the murder case of a well-known author. The characters were carefully crafted. The plots are really captivating. It's full of irresistable puzzles which capture the readers until the further pages of the book.

lisadolor   
lisadolor

I am currently reading Mine by Robert McCammon. It is a mystery thriller book in which the main character was a woman who was once a victim of violence. She steals babies and torture them to death. It was really cringy and makes you wish that someone like her doesn't really exist.

jaymish   
jaymish

I enjoy reading. I try to read one book a week at a minimum. Sometimes it's possible, sometimes it's not.This month on my list are four books. Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferris, Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown, The Hollywood Commandments by Devon Franklin and The Presidents Keepers by Jacques Pauw. I'm currently reading nos 2 on my list Braving the Wilderness. I like Brene's advise but for some reason I'm finding it really hard to read this book, so I'm practically skimming. Maybe because it's nothing new, It's similar to her previous works and I don't really like books that are based on Research studies, too academic for my taste!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.