Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Redly

Redly is a friendly online community for leftists and progressives.

Sign up now to share news and updates on your timeline, join and create groups, write a blog, find upcoming events, and meet new friends.

Don't be a lurker, registration is free and just takes a few seconds.

Open Club  ·  45 members

Movies
Zeke

What is your favorite movie genre and why?

I love watching horror movies. I know its hilarious but I like the feeling of being scared. To the point where you can no longer go to the bathroom alone. 

I am into thriller/suspense movies. I am just loving the twists in these movies and the uncertainty involves. I find it boring when I am watching other genres. Suspense movies will keep you hanging on the edge of your seats. I will definitely appreciate if all genres will be incorporated in one movie alone. That will be a mind-blowing experience in its own.

• Like 1

Well, as for me I enjoy watching romantic comedies. They are really fun and exciting and it makes me believe that in this world full of doubts and uncertainties true love still exist for those who are willing to fight for them.

I enjoy different genres of movies. I love romantic comedies, science fiction, animated movies, action, adventure and a whole lot more. I think these different genres matches my mood of the day because our mood and feelings change everyday. All of these genres have something to be proud of and the twists and turns excite me.

I enjoy different genres as long as the story line and the dialogue makes me stop from clicking the pause button. Comedy is at the top of my list. On the other hand, I have loved a lot of movies from other genres. John Tucker Must Die and White Chicks are the movies I binge-watch. Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are my favorite movie series. 

1 hour ago, httplyka said:

I enjoy different genres as long as the story line and the dialogue makes me stop from clicking the pause button. Comedy is at the top of my list. On the other hand, I have loved a lot of movies from other genres. John Tucker Must Die and White Chicks are the movies I binge-watch. Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are my favorite movie series. 

Same here. I don't have a particular genre of movies that I love to watch. What I'm looking for a movie is it's story line and how they construct the plot of the movie. Many movies are good in hyping the viewers by it's cinematography and background sounds choices.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:38 AM, Zeke said:

I love watching horror movies. I know its hilarious but I like the feeling of being scared. To the point where you can no longer go to the bathroom alone. 

I also love watching horror movies! The jump scares and the thrill of entering an unknown place, are all something that I like to experience very much. I recently watched "The Void", which I have to say is the best horror movie that I've seen so far. What is your favorite horror movie? 

On 2/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, marsu said:

I am into thriller/suspense movies. I am just loving the twists in these movies and the uncertainty involves. I find it boring when I am watching other genres. Suspense movies will keep you hanging on the edge of your seats. I will definitely appreciate if all genres will be incorporated in one movie alone. That will be a mind-blowing experience in its own.

Indeed I'm also watching suspense movies than other movie genres. I like the intense scenes and the story of each character . I love to watch this kind of movie in the midnight when nobody's home. I like to challenge myself and to be brave. 

I like dramas, followed closely by thrillers. I just like the tension building in these kind of movies and the plot twists that can go along with them. I am a big movie fan and I find something to like about every kind of genre and type.

I guess mine would have to be both the horror and mystery genre. Why? Well, horror is just really scary and I love getting scared at night... when I'm all alone - as long as the plot isn't extremely predictable then I will watch the movie.

And the mystery genre is amazing. There are many movies that fit here... just that suspense, surprise, and complete unpredictability is what wins me over. I enjoy not knowing how the movie will end until the last minute.

@marsu Did you try watching Jacob's Ladder? The movie blew me away. At first, It looks like a predictable thriller,  but as the movie goes on, you are so mindf***ed and 'till the end of It you cannot guess what is actually going on. 

Anyway, I like to experiment with genres. Recently, I have discovered I like indie moves. Also, I do enjoy a good drama or a good thriller. No horrors for me, especially those weird ones where everybody ends up dead except that one guy who won because he was the smartest.

Edited by ivukadinovic

I love watching science fiction films like Star Trek, Star Wars, Predator and all films with Space Travel and Aliens in it.  

I'm fascinated about Space Travel, and watching sci-Fi films gives me the opportunity to venture into the 'uknown.

I love watching comedy because it is hard to make people laugh than cry and anything else. It's talent that you have if you know how to make a person laugh or even smile to a joke. It relaxes me on weekends when I watch comedy.

I love watching all kinds of movies but I will say that I love watching romantic dramas more than anything. I love movies like A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, The Vow, etc. It just takes me to a place that no other movie can. I always end up getting sensitive and crying at the sad parts.

• What are your thoughts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.